Privacy & Cookies
Luxury Consumer Brands Ltd (“we” and ”us”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Luxury Consumer Brands Ltd, Registered Office, 75 Westbourne Park Road, London W2 5QH.
NEW GDPR UPDATE (The General Protection Regulation)
Augustine Jewels reviews your personal data to ensure they meet the new GDPR (The General Protection Regulation) requirements that come into force 25th May 2018.
HOW GDPR PROTECTS YOU:
- Your personal data is better protected
- You have more control and easier access to the personal information we hold about you, if you wish to check, change it or have it removed
- You can chose how you wish to be contacted, for example by e-mail or phone
- You can change your mind and you can update your choices at anytime
The new Law states that we can use your personal data only if we have one or more of these reasons:
- When you consent to it, or
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest (A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use information. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what that is).
ACCESSING AND AMENDING YOUR DATA
You have a right to access a copy of the Data, which we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please email us at email@example.com and the subject matter in the email, as per the terms of GDPR, we will provide the Data within thirty (30) days of receipt of your written request. This is a free of charge service.
You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
You are able to make amendments, or withdraw your consent for use, by calling us or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal Data, depending upon the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your personal Data to fulfil a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.augustinejewels.com (our site). This includes, but is not limited to, information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
· Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Details of your email address, preferences and ring size if you sign up at a show
We process this information for the purpose of:
· ensuring that the content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
· providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
· dealing with your inquiries and requests;
· providing and personalising our services;
· compiling your profile;
· processing your payment and fulfilling your orders.
We may also use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]).
We also gather this information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring our site usage and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our site’s users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. Your account area is protected by your user name and password, which you should never divulge to anyone else and it’s secured using SSL certification.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control. Once we have received your information, we will use the security procedures outlined above to try to prevent unauthorised access to that information.
We believe that we have appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ information.
We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to government institutions or authorities except if required by law or when requested to by regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations.
TO WHOM WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED?
· our employees;
· our affiliates;
· our group companies and their employees;
· successors in title to our business;
· third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to IT support services) to us;
· government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to other legal and regulatory requests;
· auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes, in any jurisdiction where we operate.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
· if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· if Luxury Consumer Brands Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You have the right under the Act to access any information held about you and if incorrect request that it is corrected. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. Please write to Luxury Consumer Brands Ltd, Registered Office, 20 Exhibition House, Addison Bridge Place, London W14 8XP or email us at email@example.com
Please quote your name and address, and provide brief details of the information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
Pieces of information transferred to your computer’s hard disk from a website are known as cookies.
If you choose, the use of a cookie also lets you automatically log-in to the Website so that you do not have to re-enter your email and/or password each time you visit. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
The cookies that are issued by our system when you access the Website are as follows:
|Session cookie||This cookie is essential for the Website as it remembers any items you have placed in the shopping basket section of the Website and maintains your transaction for the duration of your visit to the Website.|
|Language choice cookie||This cookie is used by us to record your preferred language. This cookie is essential to tell the Website which language to present to you during your.|
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire within seven days from the date it is issued by our system.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require information about disabling any cookies on the Website.
In the event the purposes for processing change, then we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent where such notification relates to a new additional purpose for processing.
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area. We also operate globally and so it may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other companies within our group of companies located in countries outside of the EEA. Countries outside of the EEA may not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try and protect the security of your information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these third party websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and we are not responsible for these privacy policies and the practices of third party websites even if you accessed the third party website using links from our Website. We strongly advise you to check these privacy policies before you submit any personal information to these third party websites.
For further information from us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning your personal information please write to Luxury Consumer Brands Ltd, Registered Office, 75 Westbourne Park Road, London W2 5QH or email email@example.com
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.augustine-studios.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
Our site operated by Luxury Consumer Brands Ltd ("We"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 8277674 and have our registered office at 20 Exhibition House, Addison Bridge Place, London W14 8XP.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
· any part of our site;
· any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
· any software used in the provision of our site; or
· any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
· Chat rooms.
· Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
· Be accurate (where they state facts).
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
· Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
· Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
· Promote sexually explicit material.
· Promote violence.
· Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Promote any illegal activity.
· Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
· Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
· Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.